Thursday, January 27, 2011

Michael Scott vs David Brent

I'm probably in the minority but I'm a Brit who thinks the US version of The Office is far superior to the UK original.
I have nothing against the UK version, it was very good, but the whole Dunder Mifflin ensemble cast are just superb and make the show essential viewing for me. Steve Carell's Michael Scott character is so much more likeable than Ricky Gervais' David Brent, yes he's insane and should never be in charge of people but there's something quite endearing about him.
Tonight's episode is going to be a strange one. Ricky Gervais will guest star as David Brent! I wasn't sure this was a good idea and I don't know how they will write him in but if anyone can pull it off I'm sure they can.


I think Ricky Gervais went on to do better things, including the brilliant BBC/HBO series Extras and of course last weeks Golden Globes...





No comments:

Post a Comment